Saturday, June 9, 2007

my inspiration

I wanted to come to Mexico to write. The colors of the Districto Federal and the beauty of the ocean that I've seen in pictures are enough of a muse for any storyteller, and I knew that the stories of the people I would meet would be stories that need to be told -- maybe a poor coffee farmer living in Orizaba, a vivacious missionary couple starting churches in a avant-garde way in Mexico City, or maybe a family who can't afford to live in this country and are making their way toward the border -- these are the people I came here for.

So I convinced two adventurous gentlemen to come with me to see the sights and meet the people of Mexico. Now we are in the capital, housed by church interns who feed us well. And so the storytelling begins...

1 comment:

Yuli said...

when do I get a call from the adventurous journalist??